Child Protection Information
Keeping your child safe at Garnteg Primary School
Protecting your child from abuse at school: your school’s role
Everyone at Garnteg Primary School and in the education service plays a part in keeping children and young people safe from harm and abuse.
Creating a safe learning environment, identifying pupils who are suffering or at risk of harm and then taking appropriate action, are vital to ensuring children are safe at home and at school.
The role of Garnteg Primary school in protecting your child from abuse
- Your child’s school has a number of measures in place to help protect them;:
- Staff who have been trained to identify signs of abuse including what to do if they or someone else is worried about a child
- a designated teacher responsible for dealing with child protection
- procedures for checking on staff before they are allowed to work with children
- a child protection policy which includes procedures to be followed if a teacher or other member of staff is accused of harming a child
- Child Protection’ provides advice to schools and others on their responsibilities in relation to child protection. We also have a pastoral counsellor who works in the school.
ALL INCIDENTS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO
The named child protection officer Mrs S Roche Headteacher
IN HER ABSENCE ALL INCIDENTS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO
The Deputy Named Protection officers
- Mrs C Jones - Deputy Head teacher
- Mrs L Davies - AENCO
- Mrs Z Ally-Perrett - SLT
- Mr A Phillips - SLT
- Mrs K Ngwenya - SLT
- Mr K Gauntlett - Chair of Governors
The Child Protection Officer for Torfaen is Mr D Joseph
Tel: 01495 766932