Free School Meals
If your child is eligible for Free School Meals it means they can enjoy delicious, healthy meals without the cost and the fuss of making packed lunches.
School meals will give your child a real appetite for learning and help them to achieve their full potential. Our Cooks prepare the meals for your child, it saves you having to worry about the effort and expense of making packed lunches every day.
Your child may be entitled to receive Free School Meals if you are entitled to one of the following:
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under the Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
Savings for your family
If you were planning to pay for your child to have school meals or are already doing so, you could save around £350 per year if your child qualifies for Free School Meals.
Think of the time you can save
If your child is eligible and has Free School Meals instead of packed lunches, you could save up to 190 hours a year, which is the time needed to make packed lunches that meet the nutritional standards of school meals.
To make sure your child doesn’t miss out:
Download your application for here: Online application form